Active COVID-19 Cases in KCSD
For information regarding an update on current COVID-19 cases in Kane County School District please click on the link below.
COVID-19 Learning Options:
Last spring we had to take the unprecedented step of closing schools in hopes of slowing the spread of COVID-19. Thankfully, for 2020-2021 school year students are once again allowed back into our school buildings and we are able to resume in person learning. We understand that some are still concerned about the safety of returning to the classroom and so we have set up three options for learning through Kane County School District this year.
- In Person Learning: Students attend school M-Fri as has been done in the past.
- Blended Learning: Students attend in person on Mondays and Tuesdays, while receiving instruction online at home Wed-Fri.
- Online Learning: Students attend class at home, receiving instruction online through our digital platforms.
We are so happy to be able ot have students in classrooms again and seeing your faces. If you want to use an alternative learning method such as blended learning or online learning please contact the office at (435) 648-2277 and schedule an appointment to meet with Mr. Jensen
Because COVID-19 is still spreading, The Utah State Health Dept. and Governor Herbert have created protocols for school reopenings for the 2020-2021 school year. Listed below are some of the details, this is not an all inclusive list but summarizes the major activities taking place.
- Masks are mandatory in school building and when using school transportation for all teachers, students, staff, and visitors. (Masks do not need to be worn during outdoor recess. Teachers are encouraged to give multiple breaks throughout the day to let students take a break from their mask.)
- Students are seated as far as part as possible to ensure we are socially distancing
- The school custodian follows a detailed cleaning schedule, ensuring that the school is safe and healthy as possible.
- Bathrooms are deep cleaned twice daily and sanitized on an hourly basis.
- Classrooms are sanitized between breaks and during transitions
- Students follow social distancing guidelines of 6 ft distance, while in the halls.
- Students are spaced at least 6 ft apart while eating lunch